Friday, April 16, 2010

Teacher Treasures

I was reading Larry Ferlazzo's article "Giving Students Reflection Cards" His strategy of giving a student a card that redirects their thinking, reminded me of a strategy I used when I taught at Pine Hills (Juvenile Detention Center) many years ago. It worked well for me then and I gradually forgot about it.

After reading Larry's very thoughtful article, I revisited the book where I had found the original idea. It was in the book Peaceful Procedures from the Tops Learning Systems. Their science modules are great too. I still have the book and am delighted to see the company still publishing their wonderful materials.

Larry triggered my memories and I think I will revisit his reflection card strategy again. Thanks Larry.

No comments:

Post a Comment