Sunday, November 14, 2010

Popplet - Request an invitation

BrainBoltz visual review.
I am taking a new technology class and we explored some great tools that many of you already know: Glogster, Smilebox, Dropbox, WallWisher and Storybird.  We also looked at a brand new tool still in Beta but with great potential Popplet  http://www.popplet.com .

You can stop by the site and request an invitation.  I am really excited about it.  It is collaborative.  I can see using it in the classroom to connect reading, writing and images.  What a powerful tool!

Lesson I am working on:  Books - Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson, If You're Not From the Prairie by David Bouchard, and Mama, Where Are You From by Marie Bradby.  Having the students reflect on what connects these stories and how it connects to their life.

Popplet is a fluid program so when changes are made your link reflects current changes.  No going back to edit what has already been published.  I think this has so much potential.  The review at BrainBoltz says it well.

4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Thanks for referencing my review of popplet. I'm glad you found it useful. I've also got a good list of free guides to various brainstorm techniques that you might find useful.

    Thanks again for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BrainBoltz thanks for stopping by. I will check out your free guides. You have great brainstorming ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read about Popplet somewhere online but have had no time to try it. I'm glad to see you think it's good and will make an effort to give it a whirl. Thanks for the BrainBoltz link too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reminding me to check out popplet...I had a bookmark to it I forgot about!

    ReplyDelete